there are some tips for your island Komodo journey:
- Do not go alone. Better to go with a tour guide or park ranger.
- Do not disturb or feed the dragons. Though his movement is slow and lazy, this animal may suddenly become aggressive and moving quickly.
- When doing trekking, take a forked stick. Komodo dragons are usually afraid of being bullied by a stick.
- Wear shoes. The island of Komodo, Rinca, and Pidar has 12 species and 3 of them poisonous snakes, green snakes that live in trees, cobra and Russell’s viper pit that live in savanna grassland soil.
- Women who are menstruating should report to the guide or officer of the island so much attention. Komodo has a keen sense of smell and can become aggressive if the smell of blood.
- Bring insect repellent or use repellents.
- Most places on the island of Komodo and Rinca is savanna grassland flammable during the dry season, so no smoking and start a fire.
For more information contact:
Komodo Marine National Park Office
Jl. Labuan Bajo Kasimo
West Flores, East Nusa Tenggara 86 445
phone: +62 385 41004
Fax : +62 385 41006
Putri Naga Komodo PT
Jl. Pengembak 2 Sanur 80228, Bali
phone : +62 381 780 2408
Fax : +62 361 747 4398
Gg.Masjid, Kampung Cempa. Labuan Bajo, West Manggarai 86 554. East Nusa Tenggara.
phone : +62 385 41448
fax : +62 385 41225